Nagroda jest przyznawana jest corocznie za wybitne osiągnięcia w branży gier w ostatnim roku. Origin Awards przedstawia Kalliope, czyli muzę poezji epicznej w greckiej mitologii.
Na przestrzeni dziejów nagroda wielokrotnie zmieniała swoje kategorie i nie inaczej było w ubiegłym m.in. zniknęły wszystkie kategorie historyczne (Best Historical Board Game, Best Historical Miniature Figure/Line, Best Historical Miniature Rules, Best Historical Miniature Rules Supplements).
U zarania nagrody kategorii było pięć: Best Professional Game, Best Amateur Game, Best Professional Magazine, Best Amateur Magazine, Adventure Gaming Hall of Fame.
Dzisiaj gry oceniane są w następujących kategoriach: Board Games, Card Games, Collectibles, Role-Playing Games, Family Games, Game Accessories, Miniatures.
W międzyczasie były "romanse" nagrody z Charles S. Roberts Awards, a nawet Wellsem.
Zwycięzcy zostaną ogłoszeni podczas ceremonii Origins Awards w czerwcu.
Role-Playing GamesCthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set by Cubicle 7 Designed by Dominic McDowell-Thomas, Jon Hodgson, Stuart Boon, Paula Dempsey, Steve Dempsey, Scott Dorwood, Bert Kramer, David Wade, James Wallis, Andrew Kenrick, Peter Wright, Paul Fricker, Mark A. Latham, James King, Alistair Montgomery, Marc Torley, David Walker
Cthulhu Britannica London is the definitive, deluxe, boxed guide to Mythos London in the 1920s for Call of Cthulhu. After huge success on Kickstarter, The Cthulhu Britannica London Boxed Set is now available in PDF!
Dracula Dossier Director’s Handbook by Pelgrane Press Designed by Kenneth Hite, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan
Presenting an epic improvised campaign for Night's Black Agents Roleplaying Game. Do your Agents have what it takes to face the Lord of the Undead himself? The Dracula Dossier follows in the fully improvisational path of the award-winning The Armitage Files campaign. Players follow up leads in the margins of Dracula Unredacted, a rare edition of Bram Stoker's masterpiece that reveals the terrifying truth behind the fiction. They'll chase down the real characters from Stoker's novel, their descendants in the present, and the British agents caught in the backblast.
PDF: £ 17.63
Fall of Magic By Heart of the Deernicorn Designed by Ross Cowman
Fall of Magic is a collaborative storytelling game where we play a group of travelers in the company of the Magus. On the way, we’ll encounter strange hosts, fantastic places, and perilous choices as we play to discover who our characters are, how they relate, and how our journey changes them.
In order to play you will need 2-4 players with 2 or more hours of time. In addition, each player will need 1 notecard and something to write with.
A single session will feel like several chapters of a book or a good first episode of a fantasy series. In several sessions you can create a your own epic tale.
ZIP File £ 10.56
Lone Wolf Adventure Game By Cubicle 7 Designed by Joe Dever, August Hahn, Vincent Lazzari, Richard Harrison, Gary Astleford, Andrew Kenrick
In The Lone Wolf Adventure Game you are Kai Lords – brave and noble warrior-monks sworn to protect the realm of Sommerlund from the evil of the Darklords – adventuring across the world of Magnamund. You and your friends will face terrifying enemies and uncover fiendish plots, working together to overcome the wicked plans of the Darklords and emerge victorious!
The game is playable right out of the box – you can be setting off on your first adventure within minutes of opening the box. The game is easy to learn too, the first adventure teaching you how to play.
As you grow in experience, additional features can be added in to give the game additional depth. There are a bunch of these included in the boxed set, and more will be included in forthcoming supplements. Experienced gamers can dive right in with all the options included, while new gamers can tailor the learning curve to their group.
Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf gamebooks introduced a whole generation to fantasy gaming – now the legend continues with The Lone Wolf Adventure Game. Epic quests, thrilling combat, and a world of dangerous adventure lie ahead!
Star Wars: Force and Destiny by Fantasy Flight Games Designed by Jay Little
Use the full power of the Force in the epic adventures of the Force and Destiny roleplaying game! You can travel the galaxy in search of ancient Jedi knowledge, protect the downtrodden on your home planet, or pilot a starship for the Rebellion. Whatever your path, the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook contains all the information players and Game Masters need to launch a roleplaying campaign set in the Star Wars® universe.
The beautifully illustrated, 448-page Core Rulebook details everything from using the narrative dice system in combat and creating Force-sensitive characters to the mythology of the Jedi order and locations inside Sith space. It is the fundamental book and launching point for any Force and Destiny campaign.
Out of stock
- Champions of Midgard By Grey Fox Games Designed by Ole Steiness
- La Granja By Stronghold Games Designed by Michael Keller (II) and Andreas Odendahl
- New York 1901 By Blue Orange Games Designed by Chenier LaSalle, Vincent Dutrait
- Orleans By Tasty Minstrel Games Designed by Reiner Stockhausen
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault By Fantasy Flight Games Designed by Justin Kemppainen, Corey Konieczka, Jonathan Ying
- 7 Wonders Duel By Repos Productions Designed by Antoine Bauza , Bruno Cathala
- Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn By Plaid Hat Games Designed by Issac Vega
- The Grizzled By Cool Mini or Not Designed by Fabien Riffaud , Juan Rodriguez
- Medieval Academy By IELLO Designed by Nicolas Poncin
- Welcome to the Dungeon By IELLO Designed by Masato Uesugi
- Frostgrave By Osprey Publishing Designed by Joseph McCullough
- Guild Ball By Steamforge Designed by Mat Hart, Richard Loxam
- Star Wars Armada By Fantasy Flight Games Designed by James Kniffen Christian T. Petersen
- Warhammer: Age of Sigmar By Games Workshop Designed by Games Workshop Design Studio
- Wrath of Kings By Cool Mini or Not Designed by Michael Shinall
- DC Comics Dice Masters: War of Light By WizKids Designed by Mike Elliott, Eric M. Lang
- Force of Will By Force of Will Designed by Eiji Shishido
- Yugi’s Legendary Decks By Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc Designed by Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Codenames By Czech Games Edition Designed by Vlaada Chvatil
- Co-Mix By Ares Games Designed by Lorenzo Silva
- Dohdles! By Thames & Kosmos Designed by Klaus Teuber
- Fuse By Renegade Game Studios Designed by Kane Klenko
- Me Want Cookies By IELLO Designed by Roberto Fraga
- Blowing Up the Movies By Atlas Games Designed by Robin D. Laws
- Castle Panic: The Dark Titan By Fireside Games Designed by Justin De Witt
- Feng Shui 2 GM Screen: A Fistful of Fight Scenes By Atlas Games Designed by Robin D. Laws, Morgan Ellis,T.S. Luikart, Hal Mangold, Rick Neal, Jack Norris
- Pathfinder Battles: Dungeons Deep By WizKids Designed by Paizo Inc. and WizKids
- Terrain Tiles By Lost Battalion Games Designed by Becky Siebe